Saturday, November 22, 2008

Utah

Annika & I spent 3 weeks in Utah in November. It was my last trip before the twins are born. We had lots of fun, but mostly it was nice having help taking care of Annika and not having to cook every meal. She had lots of people to entertain her, along with lots of toys and a big back yard. The weather was unusually warm, so we spent as much time outside as we could. Kent came the day before Thanksgiving and was able to spend the last week with us.

Annika & Lisa after Lisa cut her hair.

Sunday hairdo by Lisa. Our church is at 9 am so Annika is usually lucky to get a bow in her hair before we walk out the door. Since my parents church was at 1 pm Lisa had time to curl all of Annika's hair and Annika sat still and let her do it as long as she was feeding her Twizzlers!

Richard, Annika, Bella & Melissa visiting Santa after Melissa's dance performance at a craft fair. Annika is not afraid of Santa at all this year. It is just the opposite, she walked right up to him and told him she wants a green bike! A bike because her friend Ches has a bike and green because if you ask her it is her favorite color. She will pick anything as long as it is green. When I was Annika's age I started crying at the doctor's office, not because of a shot or anything, because they gave me a green sucker when we were leaving. I did not like green at all, especially not green suckers!

Annika telling Santa about the green bike!

He's thinking about her request I guess or trying to figure out what the duck shooter is that Richard wants!

Melissa with Santa

No comments: